Friday 6 January 2012

Holocaust Teaching Resources for KS2 Children


Today I had to upgrade the Pencil Street Holocaust teaching materials for KS2 history. I found this an emotionally difficult topic to cover.

However, I felt we should cover this very sensitive topic well. It is a vitally important, if not somewhat disturbing period of our history, which children should learn about. (The topic is normally covered in KS3 as part of the QCA schemes of work unit 19 – How and why did the Holocaust happen?)

With Holocaust Memorial Day in January and several requests by teachers to cover this section of World War II in greater depth, for KS2 children – I pray I have done the topic justice.

Anita Solomon - Resource Designer

www.pencilstreet.org

Note: World War II is normally covered as a KS2 topic following QCA schemes of work unit 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment