Here at Pencil Street we have a range of free and premium teaching resources to help promote road safety for all age groups from EY, KS1 to KS2.
Here are a few general ideas and a few ideas linked to resources get you started:
- Talk about road safety in your assemblies.
- Hold a special road safety assembly or open event for parents.
- Make a road safety display in the school. Display resources for road safety available (Ref 71-109)
- Mention Road Safety Week / promote road safety in your newsletter to parents.
- Challenge the children to create a road safety poster/leaflet/banner/film/play.
- Have a special PSHE or citizenship lesson on road safety.Integrate road safety learning into curriculum lessons. Plenty of resources available!
- Have a special guest in to talk about road safety, for example, a police officer, or drama group.
Road deaths are the biggest ‘accidental’ cause of death of children and young people. All kids and young people use roads and have experienced road danger; so it's the perfect topic for a project that can really engage them as well as save their lives, while also meeting curriculum goals.